Sinus Infection is one of the most common infections in the world. The symptoms of sinus infection are headache, pressure on one side of the head, eyes, nose, cheeks etc. Some other symptoms may be nasal congestion, heavy nasal secretions, fever, cough and bad breath.
Sinusitis is the medical term for sinus infection that has an effect on the paranasal sinuses resulting in great amount of inflammation. Sinus attacks are the result of infection inside the cavities or the sinuses, which are present inside the bones surrounding the nasal area. Whenever there is an inflammation or swelling in these areas due to infection, difficulty is experienced in breathing properly, which results in severe headache, fever and other kinds of discomforts.
Home Remedies to Cure Sinusitis
People suffering from sinus infection have to undergo severe distress and agonizing pain. However, you can rely on home remedies largely to cure sinus infection. Below are few effective home remedies and tips that will be helpful in opening up the sinuses and giving you quick relief.
• Consuming water and other hydrating beverages is considered an excellent remedy for curing the sinus infection.
• Mix a few drops of olive oil and peppermint oil and then apply it evenly around the nasal area like the nose and the eyes. It will surely give you instant relief from all kinds of discomforts.
• Apple cider vinegar can also be used to cure sinus infection.
• Carrot juice with or without beetroot and spinach or cucumber juice is an excellent remedy to cure sinus infection. Drinking this concoction is said to give relief from the infection.
• Another natural cure for sinus headache is hot and cold compression. Firstly, you can apply hot compress on the sinus area for about 2-3 minutes and then continue with a cold compress for say about 30-60 seconds.
• If you do not possess a neti pot, then what you can do is dilute some warm water in a spray bottle or a nasal sprayer and spray it up the nasal area every hour until the symptoms of discomfort begin to subside.
• Inhaling the steam from a bowl of boiling water or a vaporizer will also help in opening up your blocked nasal passages to give you quick relief from sinus troubles.
• Applying a paste of cloves, dried ginger and basil leaves, paste of water and cinnamon, paste of milk/water and ginger on the forehead area are all effective in giving some amount of relief from sinusitis pain.
• Drinking warm tea and inhaling the steam of the oil of eucalyptus is also helpful in relieving the pain to a large extent.
These home remedies do provide a great deal of relief from the discomfort experienced during sinusitis. However, it is recommended that you consult a medical practitioner if the infection persists.