Obsessive–Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a type of mental disorder wherein redundant thoughts or ideas are triggered in the mind. There may be a proliferation of medicines for the treatment of obsessive–compulsive disorder but another option is to use homeopathy for OCD, which is seen as a safer alternative.
Common OCD Behaviors
Here are several manifestation of obsessive-compulsive behavior:
• Certain images, numbers and words keep flashing in your mind at all times
• Even if a task has already been deemed perfect, you still are concerned about its accuracy
• Every minute, you check on your looks
• You have a set time for washing your hands
These are only the most common manifestations and many extreme OCD behaviors have yet to be documented. These behaviors are often triggered in an afflicted person’s mind due to obsessive thoughts, which the person has no control over. Take the case of the person who washes their hands every five minutes because he is obsessed with the thought of germs, dirt, and infection plaguing him.
The primary cause of obsessive–compulsive disorder hasn’t been determined yet, but several studies conducted in the past have shown that deficiency of serotonin in a person’s brain may contribute to this disorder.
Natural Treatment for OCD
Conventional medicine has been made available for the treatment of obsessive–compulsive disorder, but this type of treatment more often than not causes unwanted side effects. This is where homeopathy becomes important. Deemed as a safe alternative form of treatment, these medicines are only prepared after a thorough analysis of a person’s case. A patient’s mental, physical, and medical history is examined as part of this analysis to be able to select the perfect homeopathic remedy for the ailment.
A physician expert in homeopathy should be consulted if a person is interested in going through this kind of treatment. An important factor to consider is that while one homeopathic remedy may cure one person’s OCD, the remedy may be useless to someone else.
Homeopathic Herbs for Specific OCD Behaviors
Homeopathic experts recommend the following remedies for people with obsessive–compulsive disorder:
• Arsenicum album for people who think of death repeatedly.
• Natrum muriaticum for people who repeatedly think of unpleasant memories.
• Medorrhinum for people who think somebody is with them even if they are alone.
• Cannabis Indica for people who have hallucinations.
• Pulsatilia for people who have hallucinations of the frightful kind.
The remedies mentioned above are something to consider but it is advisable to have yourself checked by an expert homeopathic doctor so the correct medication can be prescribed to along with the proper dosage.