Osteoporosis is the most commonly diagnosed bone disease among women. In simpler words, osteoporosis is the wearing out of the bone tissues or contraction of the bones. A large number of women above the age of 50 suffer from Osteoporosis and follow a hip or spinal fracture. Osteoporosis is a result of the body's inability to form new bone tissues. This usually turns very painful with time and often the person might be bed-ridden. This article will help you to know the causes and the diagnosis of Osteoporosis and live a healthy life.
Up first, we will focus and discuss in detail the causes that lead to Osteoporosis.
• The two most important minerals that are needed for the proper functioning of the bones are Phosphate and Calcium. Aging results in reduced absorption of these minerals, that leads to the malfunctioning of the bones.
• Another reason that might cause Osteoporosis is if a person is bed-ridden for some reason. The reason can be anything from a disease or terminal sickness.
• Usually when women are about to reach menopause, they are most vulnerable to suffer from Osteoporosis. The sudden drop in the estrogen count in the body is one of the main causes of the disease.
• The deficiency of Vitamin D also leads to this painful disease. Vitamin D helps the bone tissues to absorb calcium, and as already mentioned lack of calcium leads to a disease like this.
• The other reasons that influence Osteoporosis are consumption of alcohol, smoking or even hereditary traits.
After discussing the causes of Osteoporosis, it is time we talk about the symptoms of the disease. It will help you know if you are suffering from this dreadful disease.
- Immense pain in the bone or even softening of bones is the primary symptom of Osteoporosis.
- Fractures at the slightest pretext with or without any injury.
- Shrinking of the body or loosing height with time.
- Consistent pain in the lower back or neck due to fractures in the spinal cord.
- Hunched posture or kyphosis.
Now that you already know the causes and the symptoms that lead to Osteoporosis, it is time we tell you the cure and the measure that can be taken for the cure.
- There are a couple of drugs that provide relief from the pain caused by Osteoporosis. However, it is very important to take advice from a physician before opting for these medicines.
- Exercising is a cure to almost all bone related diseases. Get into a habit of regular walking or jogging. Opt for riding a bicycle or even yoga and stretching exercises will help a great deal. However, avoid stressful exercises as it may lead to fracture of bone.
- Visit a dietician and get a diet that is enriched in Calcium, Proteins and Vitamin D. Milk products and green vegetables must be a part of every meal.
- Quit smoking and drinking habits.
If the abovementioned tips are followed, relief from Osteoporosis will not be a herculean task. Regular visits to a doctor and proper care have always been proven to be helpful for Osteoporosis patients.