Parents often find it extremely difficult to feed their children. It's because different kids have their own favorite choice of meal. Some kids who are low on appetite ever since childhood seem to continue that trend into their adolescence. This leads to weakness and several other illnesses in their body. However there are some useful ideas which the parents could implement to get a better and improved appetite for their kids, as listed here:
- Energy plays a big role in increasing the appetite for a growing kid. Try to engage your kid in physical activities like sports and outdoor games. Soon after the calories are burnt, the child feels hungry and his appetite increases compelling him to eat more.
- Proper schedule of sleeping and eating should be enforced by the parents so that the child gets a proper interval to digest the previous meal and feel hungry for the next one.
- If your child demands snacks, cookies, chips and soft drinks, then do not scold him or stop him rather make sure that he consumes them at least 2 to 3 hrs before having a meal.
- Kids should be given natural appetite increasers (ie, fruits & nuts) and not the artificial high nutrition powered milk cans.
- Emaciated (excessively thin often as the result of malnutrition) children are strictly suggested to take in the herbal remedies like ginger roots, Ashwagandha and fenugreek.
- Never compel your child to have food forcefully during their meal. Moreover serve your baby her favorite appetizer, and encourage her to finish the main course meal faster so that she can eat her much favored desserts.
- Multivitamin supplements are suggested by general physicians to enhance nutritional balance in kids because it results in high immunity and increased appetite of a child.