There are dozens of things that you can do to keep your blood pressure levels in check and improve your cardiovascular health. Here are some simple ways by which you can reduce your blood pressure naturally without any medications.
• Lose Excess Weight – The effect of obesity on high blood pressure levels has long been researched. Even if you lose a considerable amount of weight, you will be able to notice a significant drop in your blood pressure levels. Just consult your doctor regarding how much weight you must lose in order to derive maximum benefits, in case you are obese or there is any medical history that needs to be taken into account.
• Stop Smoking – The long-term dangers of smoking are well known to all. The harmful chemicals that are contained in these tobacco products raise your blood pressure levels immensely apart from damaging the arteries, interfering with the body’s natural working and fluid retention. For this reason, it is recommended to stop smoking.
• Eat Right – Your diet is an important consideration in reducing high blood pressure. You can consume sweets, fats, carbohydrates and other foods rich in protein but in moderate amounts. A diet high in salt content is also harmful and therefore it should be avoided largely. Instead of salt, your diet should be high in potassium and calcium. It has been researched that low calcium is inevitably linked to high blood pressure. Potassium also helps to regulate the blood pressure levels. Therefore, make sure to include proper amounts of calcium and potassium in your diet to lower high blood pressure.
• Exercise – Sedentary lifestyle is one of the most important reasons of high blood pressure. Therefore, an effort should be made to engage in a good deal of physical activities. Regular cardiovascular exercise helps to strengthen the heart and improve the blood flow thereby enhancing the overall cardiovascular health of the body.
• Drink Water – Research has shown that high blood pressure is linked to severe dehydration. Therefore increasing the water intake is extremely beneficial for people suffering from it. Try to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water per day. However, do not substitute tea, coffee or soda for water.
• Natural Herbs – Important natural herbs like Dandelion, Garlic, Hawthorne Berry, Capsicum Pepper, Cayenne and many others have excellent medicinal properties and are proved to show amazing results in lowering the blood pressure levels. They are one of the cheapest and effective therapies for reducing high blood pressure.